Saturday, November 22, 2008

Liang Court ...Clarke Quay

過大禮 part 2 can't be written since my sis is holding the camera at her home. Will blog on it another day.

Met up with my usual poly yr 2 gang and caught the movie, The Good, The Bad and the Weird. To be frank, I enjoyed it. It was more of a movie that focus on
耍帥 than on the plot. Overall its very stylish Wild Wild West kind of scenes!

Yesterday damage was pretty bad, I got myself a Nike bag at a discount of 40% but still cost about $60. I always wanted a backpack but being lazy and nothing suitable came by, I never gotten myself one till yesterday.

Look at the display, the bag comes with an extended front. Very comfortable back cushioning.

Inside the bag, the top little pocket is meant for mp3 player where the ear piece wire can be route through the tiny opening from the top.
The bottom compartment is meant for securing lab top.


We agreed to move away from the town to somewhere that was more secluded, Liang Court for our Ramen Dinner. It has been quite some times since I last visited this shopping mall. My past memories were the days when I was working at Giantpot.com where me and mel would spend our lunch time hanging around this place. Back then, there weren’t many shops.
What I saw yesterday, was a lively, clean and rowdy complex. Space was a luxury for the tenant there. Look at the area occupied by those restaurants, coffee house as well as the electronic stores residing the whole 5th floor.

Kino was there even before the renovation of the mall.
This Hello Kitty shop wasn't camera friendly. I overheard the staff debating if they should ask me to delete the picture away.
We feasted in this restaurant in the basement inside meidi-ya, pack with a lot of diners, the ramen did taste well at an affordable and somehow reasonable pricing. But look at this bowl. It was so uniqued that I discovered I was the only customer that was using it. Apparently, they thought I was getting married?? And from the picture, you might have thought that I was having maggi mee at home.
At Liang Court, be assured you will find a suitable restaurant that flavors your taste and satisfied your cravings for any Japanese delicacy.
We moved over to Clarke quay and the girls was looking forward to the flee market. Apparently it seems like they are always in business during weekend.


Savoring our yearn for desserts, Nectarie was just the right place.


We ordered this banana waffle and a strawberry short cake. Compared to my first experience there, yesterday was bad. The cake was served with just 2 forks where there were 3 person. The waffle came without any knife. It was a "ask and be served" type of service attitude.
The indoor was so stuffy that we felt we were sitting beside an oven. Nothing special about their drinks as well. We need to find another better place. Bad service and ambience really spoils the taste.
This morning when i opened my mailbox, i saw this birthday card from my 2 cousins from New Zealand!! I always loved receiving cards with well wishes scribbled all over it!!! I hope i will get more cards this year!!

2 comments:

Fen said...

Yup, have to agree that receiving birthday cards is always a nice thing...

Agreed with you that the interior of Nectarie is very stuffy and Yuan & I tried to sit inside but the heat got us so uncomfortable that we shifted out eventually...

The banana waffle looks pretty messy though. I have tried their plain waffle with maple syrup, nothing to rave about... How's the strawberry shortcake? Sihan finds it dry but I thought it is their signature...

Unknown said...

Hello Fen,
Yup when i was in the shop, i was thinking, have fen blog about this shop before? lol, should have read your post before deciding if its worth to try.
I think there is really nothing special about their cakes and waffles and i felt that they have over price them a little.