Saturday, November 1, 2008

GrEaT ShOpPinG...WaLleT EmPTY!!!

Lala promised a gift from Taiwan..and today was a great day to meet up for all of us except 1 Sotong!
Just pretend i didnt know the reason that she got me this...haha....well it was really thoughtful thou!


We met at CityHall this round as i wanted to visit the LEVI's branch there as well as to actualise the "$50 for any brands of jeans to be trade in" Levi's promo. To be frank, of the many Levi's branch i have patronised, the branch at Raffles City Shopping Centre has never fail to lift my expectation of their service attitude. "Delighted" is the word i would use everytime i visit this branch.

And well, i got my $149.90(After discount $99.90) Levi's 522, slim straight cut jeans. And this is the first time i owned a pair of black jeans. It is rather special!!!

For those who happened to read this blog and interested in this promo, for your benefit of doubt, the staff told me that the promo would rightfully end this sunday. However, it might be another case of extension if public's response are overwhelm. I doubted it, and interpreted in my own way, it would only extend if the sales target didn't reached the satisfaction level of the board.

Anyway, after i got my jeans, we went for a lunch at Food Republic. I recommended the Capitol Prawn noodles to them and somehow i felt it wasn't really as nice as it seems.

I thought i didn't have any cash with me and since it was quite a distance to the nearest atm and lala was kind enough to offer to pay up first. Ting Chan was very KIND enough to offer to get the food for the first time and Lala Was EVEN more KIND to give me a $10 in case the drink seller pass by.
I felt pampered for the first time. Maybe sotong didnt came was good for me.


Ting Chan and Lala, queuing at the stall.


Not very nice prawn noodle served by 2 of my friends!


La and Ting


Ermm if you notice, i used the word "thought..." on the above para. I only realised i have enough cash in my wallet to foot the bills actually. I had all forgotten about the $$$ FG returned me yesterday for lunch. Sigh, i think it would be good if i kept quiet about it. LOL!!!
We started our shopping spree immediately after our lunch...


Shop shop and shop...and it was only before dinner i finally found my pair of blades!!!
Given my tight budget, i didnt have much choice. I could only get the brand scorpion at royal sporting house...and its kind of heavy to carry it around....i had to walk all the way to carrefour to get a more ease-carrying bag for them....more details of the blades below...


Oh while waiting for the girls doing their own shopping, i patronised MPH for my own reading session as well as to ease the burden on my shoulders.



I found this interesting book. Haha for all the girls out there with many ???? about your boyfriend or some male friends, this is a must read. It basically captures the thinking of guys.


A particular phrase quoted in the text which i find it more than true...ermm hope i didnt infringe any copyrights here. Lol...

I reached home around 10.30pm..and i really cannot believe i have been carrying this pair of blades for like 5 hours. A warm up 12 hours in advance before inline skating!!
Attached some pics here!
To be frank, i think its pretty decent and comfortable for this pair of skates at $135 after discount. Metallic skates, 80mm-82mm wheels, abec7(fastest) and aluminium body....that is one reason i chose this pair over the newer design.




I read from a forum that the safety guards can be found at carrefour at it's cheapest and i thought it was like $10 for all...but it was $19.90. =(


Together with the safety guards, i got a bag for this pair of inline skates for ease-carrying at carrefour as well. This was the last piece and it cost me $19.80. With a 5% rebate using my posb everyday ready credit card, i minimised some damage.


Overall, i think i spend nearly $300 on the jeans and inline skates! I really hope this cirriculum activity crase of mine wouldn't end soon. I am definitely claiming the worth of my purchases!
Roller blading!!!! Here i Come!

No comments: