Thursday, October 8, 2009

A day of Morale Booster

It all happened with a silly Gtalk message to my boss, signalling how unmotivated I am in office that sparks off a series of counselling and talks. To be frank, I didn’t really want to express it out as I don’t see how it will make a difference.
Somehow, I just blurt out my thoughts. Well we had a long talk and so I discovered that I may be in an organisation that has limited career progression, but at least under a team that share concern and care.

Not getting too much into it, recently I discovered that my anticipation for my trip grows and surprisingly, not the China tour that I’ve signed up for but my plans to go on a solo backpacking Taiwan trip.
Yes a solo backpack experience is something I craved for..no doubt it may be a little lonely but you get to decide all your routes. When to go, when to rest, where to go, what to do.
Following a series of variety shows introducing the many parts of Taiwan, I am starting to plan my own journey. As I will be carrying over 18 days of leave this year, I hope I get a chance to fully clear them on this trip and try as much as to cover the majority of Taiwan.

Well, why Taiwan? Because the people are much friendly there and it’s easier to travel around the area especially when they speak your language.
I am actually making Taiwan my training ground as I prepared myself for other journey for places like Nepal, Tibet, Mongolia, China and ending my final back packing at Europe.

I think there are so much more in life than to just work and save…and live your life as many others do. Ideally, I should be going in Nov or Dec when weather is more cooling, but I doubt I can wait till then, so most probably rewarding myself after my financial year closes and I get my FAT FAT bonus next year. April!!! Looking forward to it!

After my own calculations and drawing of the map, with 18 days of leave, considering just a 2 days stay over in each destination, i cant cover much too. So i start choosing the few places i wanted to go to.

Plan A - Comfortable easy Taiwan back pack
I will be covering only specific places that i would like to visit and give up a few others in exchange for a comfortable pace. Sun Moon Lake and Alishan is given priority as well as Yi Lan. (Pardon me if i incorrectly stated where Yi Lan should be as i couldn't find it on most map.)

My initial plans was to end my trip at Taipei so planning to start from Kao hsiung but apparently most write up on the tour was from the direction of Taipei downwards. Heard the scenery from Hualian down to Tai tung was extremely nice on the train so might be changing the route of travelling to sun moon lake instead. The good thing for this plan is that i might get to Kenting if i have additional time upon reaching kao hsiung.

Plan B - A route march back pack
This should be intensive!!! I couldn't decide if i should give up either Tainan or Taitung but it is such a pity to give up visiting both site considering i am already there. Even stepping on the land itself is an experience. Or can someone who has been there giving me a tip on which is better? I tried to accommodate by giving up other places i never heard of like YunLin etc. Kenting isnt what i really want to visit as i heard its all beach there and so i don't mind sacrificing it.
I think i might have under rated the routes along the way by drawing lines on the map which in actual fact i should decide upon the transportation to each places before i link them up. As i am prepared to spend on travelling, if there is a choice over bus, trains and planes, i would very much love to try night train rides as i heard its much cheaper and i can sleep on the train.


Just by thinking, its already a morale boost for me...hopefully this dream will come true. Now is to read more...and i came upon some website that is pretty good. Just that i don know where these places are located.

1 comment:

URGENT LOAN said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.