Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A day as a Male PA

It all started with a sms, the PA is on MC and the Covering PA is on study leave, so the “handsome” me was appointed as the Covering covering PA for CFO.

What do you expect me to say when CFO directly calls me on the phone and ask if I was the Covering?

Well and the funny part is that, I reached the office late and coincidentally, she was in the same lift as me, just the 2 of us in an awkward situation as I tried to hide my Mr Bean Soya milk from her sight.

Okay, I need to whine abit, although I know SY is on genuine MC, but the sms she sent me wasn’t clear and when I called and sms her, I couldn’t get her. Somehow I was just on my own and all the wrong things just happened. Making Milo, washing her cup, fetching her newspaper and all these makes me carry my egoistic self down to a pathetic level. This brings me unhappy memories back in the days when I first joined the organisation. Back then, I was hired as a finance officer who acts like a pantry aunty. Asking the old guys, if they would like to have coffee or tea, so if I were to try going for a air steward job, most probably these experiences could give me some head start.

It was only till noon after she left for a meeting, I get to relax and people started calling me PA here and there, it somehow doesn’t sound prestige to me even with the title CFO’s PA, I felt “…speechless…”, the kind of sight people threw upon me, there is nothing to gloat about in front of the consultant…it all sounds so familiar and now reading my blog earlier, I think I always did this to the rightful covering PA, mocking her doing all these duties…and finally I get a taste of it and the worse part, on the day when her mood isn’t too good to start with. Oh dear, when I brew the first cup of Milo, I knew it wasn’t going to be the last.

Haiz..noticed the blog title, I intentionally called it “MALE PA”, that’s because I felt like I am a girl doing the job. It’s definitely a lady job. No way am I going to do it again. Call me selfish but I am not going to cover again. I will just apply an urgent leave! Haha

No comments: