Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wine Fest at Vivo ~by Cold Storage

As i thought i was only going for a movie, i didnt bring my cammie along. Apparently, there was a wine fest and since i am meeting Gene, (An Alcohol Addict), i knew he will definitely not miss the chance.

As for me, a barely alocohol taker, its uncommon to see me joining in the tasting and testing session there. Haha, somehow i felt it was quite fun and an additional insight for me since there were expert at each wine counter providing details of their red wine.

My favourite? Dessert Wine and Ice Wine
Maybe you can call it a Lady's favourite drink, but i definitely prefer them over Red Wine. The pungent smell of the red wine puts me off immediately even before i took a sip. I think i will never learn to appreciate how nice Red wine is. That goes for Rose related wine. The Red colour is attractive but tasted equally tough on my taste bud.

After a single round of tasting, i think the alocohol effect kicks in. Yes, with an empty stomach, i could feel the heat. That was when we decided to go for dinner.

These are my 2 purchases, they are so nice for an unappreciative person like me,
especially this "Moscato" wine. With just 5.5% alcohol content, its so smooth, and the sweetness was just right. It tasted like any sort of fruit juice but better.

IMG_9833_1

My next purchase which to our discussion seems to be the more presentable during events or house visiting..

TAMINGA Dessert Wine..11% alcohol content and apparently its more presentable because it's dated 2005
IMG_9854_1

If you are a slightly stronger drinker, this suits you well.
A taste of Fruits flavouring till a point, we find that it carries lychee flavouring. The aroma lingers on your taste bud after every sip you take.
Not too shabby for a after-dinner drink with friends.

This for Xmas!
IMG_9823_1

IMG_9872_1

Its my first purchase of wine..and unlike Gene, i wont be touching it myself!

No comments: