Friday, August 22, 2008

No more Ju Shin Jung today

All my highly anticipating hopes to visit Ju Shin Jung at east coast today was ruined by the "Wet Weather". As expected out of "her", we had to postpone it and tried believing the reason why we have to do so.... Thats going to be another day again before i finally get to try it.... Meanwhile, curing my cravings through visiting....ahjune's blogspot...again...

I wonder how i am going to give my reviews to Alvin when im back in the office on monday....

Anyway, today is really a nice day to "NUA" at home...
I am totally engross in my Harry Potter and trying to finish the last book...its a very tiring chore reading after not touching a story book for so long.

By the way, do you guys at times come by things or food that brings you memories of your childhood??

My family was in poverty when i was young. So a posh living life style is out for us, not to mention that i was still lucky compared to others that I am still issued pocket money and was never reduce to the state of starvations, thanks to my mum.

Nonetheless, my childhood unlike other cousins of mine, surrounded with fanciful toys. I always wanted to get myself a basketball in my primary school days and till now; I was not even granted one. Not to mention bicycles and things like big LEGO sets.

My text books were always passed down by my elder sis but It was the only thing that I did not really mind. Often, I will discover some tips from it. =)

MILO was expensive back then, most of the time, we were drinking Ovaltine which has rather disappeared in Singapore’s market these days.
And the most fantastic soft drinks that are reachable to us, was the orange syrup at my granny house. We were free to pour in as much syrup and drink as many times as we like with no one complaining the cost of it.

Another drink, the F&N Ice cream soda was my favourite. Whenever I was down with fever, my mum would allow me to sip half a glass of it.

Life was much better after my dad got a stable job after my younger sis was born. That explains my mum labelling her the lucky charm to our family.

Of course, now we are much better off, each with our own earning abilities, we are keeping the past as memories…Too bad my dad isn’t here to enjoy life where he should have after raising 3 children.

No comments: