Friday, July 10, 2009

Hourly wage calculation

Okay, the past few days of tedious work has got me into serious thinking and like the crappy me, I always stare blank and daze whenever I get the slightest opportunity to.
And surprisingly I came up with this calculation of my hourly salary which makes me feel much better.

For example, I am earning 2k per month, only weekdays at work which will sum up to a 22days per month, each day spending 9 hours at work.
2000/22/9 = $10.10 per hour

In comparison to a Manager who might be fetching $4000 a month, working on every Saturday which sums up to a total of 26 days per month and spending at least 12 hours at work and standby another 2 hours after work which adds up to a total of 14hours a day.
4000/26/14 = $10.98 per hour

“BLINKS”
Basically, I am not very inferior in comparison of my salary. I have yet to include the amount of stress in obtaining such a pay out.

Well of course, if you were to look at reality, the amount of money is still a lot in comparison for the above 2. But its really a quantitative effort and the compensation for it.
If you notice, i am using "compensation" instead of reward on the above base salary. Well there is a reward in actual fact, the BONUS pay out! This is the where the difference came about in terms of stress!

The next time you think about selling your soul to your company, do a calculation first and maybe you will notice that pantry aunty is laughing at you since she is earning a higher hourly wage..

Meanwhile I am really happy to stay as what I am after my “these days” encounter!

No comments: