Monday, October 20, 2008

LiBraRY...."FoR HEr OnLY?"

Ever since I finished the whole chronicles of Harry Potter, I wanted so much to find my next story book. To clarify, for those who always hear me talking about guys looking refined and sophisticated while reading a story book on bus or train, I am not reading for Image!!!! Of course, if it does, I don’t really mind =)

Today was a great day, I thought I would need to stay till 9pm and claim my first transport fee home from office for the year; I managed to clear all my tedious work within my working hours. Call me “Efficient” and “Effective” please!!!! PLEAASEE…before my boss starts to minus off points for the above 2 E’s tomorrow when she goes through!!! Haha

Since I get to leave unexpectedly on time today, I decided to hit by the Geylang East Library and get myself some story books!

My favourite corner!!! when I was in my secondary school days.
The Chinese WuXia Novel Section.



Nothing changes except the colour of the pages. The author of those books remain the same. This shows that after so many years, not even one writer managed to write something worthy enough to be on that shelf. Pathetic! If they could just put in the creativity in substituting melamine as protein….ops!!

I picked up this book along the way to the Fiction corner, but I placed it back. I can’t imagine how to get the real diet with so many temptations! Definitely not in Singapore!



Finally the Fiction corner!!!

I really need to be “NICE” in commenting this part (supposingly the very popular section of all). I always wonder how my sis managed to find so many “her kind of stories” and now I finally know why….
One glance through the title of the books, I thought they separated books based on new categories, “Male readers” and “Female readers”. So I went shelf by shelf looking for the “Male readers” corner. I couldn’t find it.



And on a second look, the books are categorise by author’s name. I tried again, this time more thorough in my search. These are what I saw…



And it was only then, I discovered that I seem to be the only guy lurking in this section. Trying to get myself away and with little choice, I decided to just streamline my search. Any books that are without the connotation of “LOVE”, I will just grab and check it out.
This was what I found after 10mins of browsing..I thought I am safe…Turning to the back, I really can’t believe my eyes. What the hell a macho roman soldier carrying a sword got to do with LOVE and relationship?



It was a very bad experience…I finally understand why most guys tend to have difficulties in their English language. Of course on second thoughts, It might be due to the reason that guys tend to lose the books too often or return the books with just too many missing pages. As a result, the Librarian decided to limit our choice rather than restrict our borrowings.
And if you spot a guy in this section, most probably it’s a “sister” seeking emotional comfort for “LOVE” that hardly comes “HIS” way!

And I did borrow a book in the end. Just 1 book which I skip the blurb...



Yeah Kiss "HER" Goodbye!!!! haha....and now i have an excuse for my lousy english!

No comments: