Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Mistake

Today i discovered a mistake i made in my daily work. It was an oversight and a carelessness on my part which nearly turned into a big problem.
My job is all about information and data accuracy and yet, my data was inaccurate. The luckiest thing was that i had a reliable and supporting team that helped me to solve this issue.
In a way, i felt protected but somehow it makes me feel that I am weak. So weak that i always need people to help cover and tolerate my mistakes and sing praises of me for tiny achievement that i did in order to make me look worthy to stay in the team. I am over relying on my team...

and indeed, if one day i am alone in the team, can i still perform as good as them? Am i over rated? Today Sheryl showed me her work, and to be frank, can i even memorized or recall datas like her? Can i write papers like her? Can i even try coming out with solutions like her?

I must learn and buck up. Like teow beng once said..if there is a day i felt i cant value-add to this organisation or my team anymore, then it should be the time i should leave.

No comments: