Thursday, December 3, 2009

Saga Saga

So tired of this, things are getting more and more interesting and complicated when all 3 parties are finally involved.
The guy from SMRT called me again yesterday realising that i have actually written an article on mypaper and was referred by their corp com to assist me in expediting the payment back to me. All the while, i thought was because i wrote in, they then decided to call me. Seems like i am wrong.

Anyway, i was quite frustrated with Ezlink, that i decided to write them a feedback form online. If you visit their home page, you will realise that they do not provide you an email for contact.

This is what i wrote to them.

"Subject: Disappointment
Message: I waited for a reply from Ezlink that never came after nearly 1 month. I am holding on to this faulty Citibank SMRT card which i cannot get a reason why it spoiled and my balance to be refunded seems to be even out of question. I have placed my views on mypaper dated 25/11 and there has been no attempt of contact from your Corp Com. What kind of services are you providing? I have escalated this issue up to SMRT and both citibank."

So in the end, this poor customer service girl from Ezlink finally called me. She sounded so shaken even before the conversation started.
I was quite polite until she told me that the error was due to an issue with Citibank that Ezlink was unable to deduct the money from the bank and therefore decided to suspend my Ezlink function.
WTH!!! I was deducted $30 on 29th Oct and here she claims that Ezlink did not receive any money from Citibank and Citibank claims the money from me?????

So confusing rite? She even asked me to go down to the ticketing counter to pay for that deduction of $30 in order for the card to work!

Ridiculous! How can this be? Each claiming their own words!
And where is my card now? Destroyed at the SMRT counter when they took it back for refund!!!

I tried calming myself to ensure i wasn't involved in any area of this mess as i decided that there should be at least one of them bearing what they have instructed and spoken to me.

1) Citibank telling me it wasn't their fault and asked me for my payment before terminating!
2) SMRT giving me the wrong instruction in pursuing this claim!
3) Ezlink for taking their own sweet time in reverting and still got it all wrong!

This is the result of mis communication or a serious communication breakdown. I was surprised that they do not have a channel that the 3 companies could interact with one another and simply solve this issue within the shortest period.
Big companies! Promised Services! How true...

No comments: