Monday, November 30, 2009

The SMRT Saga

In my earlier post, complaining about the terrible SMRT Citibank Card services(which can be found here), I finally found an avenue to reach them.

I wrote in to Mypaper.com...i think i wrote a super long email but they summarized it for me. At least i took up a space in the papers free! Haha.

This was published on 25/11/2009. I didn't realize till Sharon text me asking if i am the Won! Yes of cos, i was still whining to her about how terrible this card is since we both sign up the card on the same day! Pardon me for my surname, it was registered under my email and i discovered that i sent the mail before i included my particulars.

I waited and waited till finally someone from SMRT emailed me. All thanks to mypapers, i finally got some response.

"HI XXX,


Hope this finds you well. I refer to the forum page letter on getting a refund for the Citi SMRT published in MyPaper today (pls see below).

We would like to investigate this further. Would appreciate if you can ask the writer, Jackson Won, to call our SMRT Customer Relations Centre at 1800 336 8900 or corpcomms@smrt.com.sg to provide us with information on the date, time and station, so that we can conduct a thorough investigation into the matter. Thanks! "

My reply to them ...hope im not too long winded.

"Hi,

I referred to the below email correspondence.

I have lodged a complaint about the failure of my Citibank SMRT card to all 3 parties, Citibank, SMRT and Ezlink.

The following are the recorded dates,

I called Citibank a few times and only to understand that they are unable to provide me a reason for the failure of the Ezlink services on the card. The solution provided from them, was to replace my card and that the balance in the existing card will be transferred to the new card. However, they could not guarantee that the same problem will not occur again. They were unable to advise the date that the balance could be transferred.

I was then referred by Citibank to approach SMRT ticketing counter as well as calling Ezlink hotline with my problem. SMRT could not tell me the problem with the card nor can they offer me a refund of my balance. I have filed an AFC Passenger Claims/Complaints form (S/N PCC 91014 dated 11/11/09) with Changi Airport SMRT customer service counter. There was no follow-up thereafter.

Ezlink was the most disappointing of all. I hold the line for almost 15mins before someone attended my call but to only inform me that they will look into the matter before calling me back. I have not received a single call from them since 10/11/09.

Co-branding should offer consumer more privileges and greater benefits but not more hassle. Especially from companies like Citibank and SMRT, who provided assurance? I was disappointed that none of the participating parties was able to provide me an answer and a solution. I really appreciate some assistance.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jackson Wong"


So now, all i have to do is wait! Wait for another reply, since it reaches their corp com, i assume they should be calling me and give me an answer. All i wanted is my refund!

No comments: