Friday, November 13, 2009

Staying Happy? At least a little more optimistic?

I know it’s silly to try manipulating your feelings at times but won’t it be nicer to lead a life that brings you a little smile than frowning and worrying about everything?

To many others, I’m being perceived as an optimistic and cheerful guy but in fact, I do have my own problems. And I believed some of my colleagues would have seen me “deep in thoughts” at times.

So who doesn’t have problems? Just that how are you going to cope with it and live a life that doesn’t put you in misery?

I know Petty has this theory of “reverse psychology”, a taboo or some superstitious beliefs that if you speak negatively, things might turn out positive. Somehow when it does turn out well, you will reap a 2x happiness! I used to do that in my schooling days..always thinking that I will fail for the paper and miraculously, I passed..and even if I fail, I would have already in advance notify everyone and prepared others mentally except myself.
I don’t do this now because I felt it was more of an excuse for me and constantly doing this contradicts me. But to many others, if it makes you feel better, why not?

I have another friend who is leading a very difficult life..because she just can’t let go her past, her bad memories..and so much so it’s torturing her badly each day. But she just continues to stay strong each day putting on a brave front to others. I don know how long more can she take it..but as far as I know, if she doesn’t let go, it will just torture her forever.

Want to know how I lead a happy life as a single? Oh dear, Swallowing all my loneliness, envying the couples holding hands on streets..and all the mushy stuff you heard about, “I love you, you love me” on bus?
Just go listen to more stories about failed relationships and marriage from people around you..Haha im kidding, I mean, I just can’t be bothered with them…

Mum and sis is always wondering why I squat in front my fish tank, assembling it, dismantling it and assembling again. Sometimes behaving like a chemist, adding this solution and that powder into the tank which resulted making the whole place messy and wet.
Friends asking me why I spend hours taking picture of similar scene and then spending another few hours in front of the computer fixing them up.
Always surfing some forums and following a series of drama…
I also don’t know why but I do find enjoyment in doing these things and somehow, I felt more occupied and stress free.

Unless you are a fellow hobbyist, sharing the same interest, if not, you won’t understand the joy I get from all these!

2 days ago, I was at a Fish Shop located at Kovan, it was 9pm when I was there, and I saw a lot of aquarist hobbyist. Apparently, there was a shipment from Tanganyika lake arriving late, people were opening the crates and checking through the fishes. I could see the smiles all over their face when they choose their purchases. For your info, these aren’t cheap and it isn’t free but everyone was so happy buying and paying like they have found some gold but indeed these fishes are so rare that to own them, you will either need to import or captive breed them yourself. I was also happy standing and looking at them. Suddenly, it just felt like New Year Eve.

Some love to indulge in work but if you asked me, I rather take these problems elsewhere than work. It’s not healthy…you will feel more stress and those dramatic scenes like while you are working thru the night and your boss came back to the office and surprisingly caught you working extremely hard and gives you a promotion…all these aren’t real! Wake up!

My point is, since there are things that we cannot control; why not choose a better life for Yourself! I believed we can choose what we want, how we live, what we enjoy doing, so why are some of you choosing to stay in misery? Constantly staying paranoid and thinking negatively about all those things that isn’t “going to happen”, why not think positively about those good things that could have happen.

You will find it more Rewarding for sure!

No comments: