Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Life Endangered Precious Picture...

I did something silly today. Or should I say courageous, adventurous and Brave but idiotic.
I went into the Sand Quarry nearby lake. The one opposite Bedok Reservoir with lots of fencing and blockage citing Dangerous. I often saw many people going there for fishing but today there was none. I walked in slowly using my tripod to clear unwanted animals and traps but little did I know that the most scary thing was mosquitoes. I was attacked and ambushed by lots of them. My insect repellent failed to work there. It was a mass attack, every second there was at least 1 mosquito on my body.

Since I was there and already bitten, I couldn’t leave without a picture. The place was so eerie even under broad day light. To be frank, this was the most natural lake I ever saw in Singapore. I quickly mounted my camera on the tripod and I didn’t even have a chance to screw in my ND filter and do 5 second exposures shot. I couldnt even wait for the sun to set lower.

I pressed the shutter once and off I ran with my camera still mounted on my tripod. All my areas were bitten but they spared my face. Thank god.

Just one shot with no checking and here while I wait for any dengue reaction…this is the precious shot I took!

Only 1 picture with 2 processing...if i had a long exposure..everything would look smooth.

IMG_9979 - HDR

A blueee purple feel...from day convert to nite....
IMG_9979_2

If anything does happened to me, this should be my last shot. haiz

No comments: