Sunday, March 29, 2009

Riverside Walk

I would describe this day as Humid, stuffy and rather discouraging to walk the streets. It was a Lazy Afternoon and it struck me that I should take a walk along the river side and have a nice brunch since there was no lunch at home.

I grab my camera and took a train to Clarke Quay Station. If there is a place where you can freely aim and shoot any picture, it would be Clarke Quay. Every few steps, you will see someone holding a DSLR taking pictures as thou it was a license to shoot. Well, it’s not always perfectly okay to take picture of others where we call these street candid, definitely when we didn’t ask permission. It seems that the place was overwhelmed with shooters and we are free to shoot.

Some of my favourite shots…oh and Petty was asking me what HDR was when she read the spec on fujifilm F200EXR, these shot below are HDR processed..

IMG_6545 - HDR

IMG_6550_1

IMG_6578 - HDR

IMG_6663_1 - HDR

IMG_6694 - HDR

IMG_6556_1 - HDR

IMG_6572 - HDR

IMG_6588 - HDR

Boats are a common scene at Clarke Quay. The business is good!

IMG_6591 - HDR

IMG_6668 - HDR

IMG_6697_1

This was a “love bridge” self proclaim by me back in the days at Giantpot.com. Very interesting structure of the bridge and once in a while, they will repaint it.
IMG_6620 - HDR

IMG_6656_1

IMG_6646_1

IMG_6635 - HDR

I had a quick dinner at Liang Court Meidi-ya. The curry rice is still fantastic. This supermarket preserves the culture of Japan. Most of the products are air flown from Japan.

Freshness in terms of Quality
IMG_6690_1

IMG_6689_1

Kids corner when mum is doing her grocery.
IMG_6688_1

Like I mentioned, candid shots at this place is so common and no one took any offence being aimed at. It was so normal.
IMG_6713_1

IMG_6749_1

IMG_6718_1

IMG_6680_1

It was getting dark when I left the place, passing the baton over to those night shooters armed with their tripods and reserving place for good angle shot when the city lights is off since it was the Earth Day.

IMG_6755_1

IMG_6769_1

No comments: