Sunday, September 21, 2008

Smart or Stupid?

While I was on my journey to work, I read an interesting article that sends me in my thoughts aka 思考..

The article tells this story about this boy whom everyone called the dim-witted boy.
Through words of mouth, everyone came to know that if you were to give him a choice between a 50 cents or a $1 coin, he would choose the 50 cents coin.

Everyone find him amusing and as and when whoever needs some sort of entertainment, they would ask this boy over and tried the same offer over and over again and make fun out of him.

Till one day, a guy finally walks over to this boy and asked him,
“Do you not know the value of the 2 coins? Why do you kept choosing the 50cents coin?”

The boy replied “Yes I do know the value of the 2 coins but if I were to choose the $1 coin, people won’t be offering me the choice again.”

In the above case, who would have thought that the smartest of all were the boy whom they called the dim witted one.

At times, we should reflect on ourselves if we are really that smart as we thought we were.

No comments: