Monday, March 22, 2010

My Days in Hualien P1

Hualien is one of the most "looking forward to" place i wanted to go for this Taiwan trip. Listening to Fionis bragging about how nice the Minsu (Stone House) was and experiencing my terrible night in Taipei Hostel, it really make me feel like flying to Hualien immediately.

I was super tired on my first day in Hualien! However, the scenery and Taroko Gorge kept me going! I have so much pics taken here!

At the train station
IMG_4476

IMG_4472

Their train are mostly quite old but the toilets are super clean and there is a water dispenser for the commuters.
IMG_4491

Stopping by Xin Cheng for a break!
IMG_4508

Reaching Hualien!! Waiting for Liu Aunty to come fetch me.
IMG_4525

IMG_4529

Our first stop wasnt to the Minsu..but to Taroko with our cab driver who act as our local tour guide!
IMG_4550

Taroko is famous for DaLI stone..and seriously, its a magnificent view of the Gorge, valleys and waterfall!
IMG_4564

IMG_4583

IMG_4566

Me standing between the mountains
IMG_4569

We visited in our first stop the Big Buddhism Temple on the top of the mountain. Took me awhile to climb my way up! Can you see the Pagoda?
IMG_4599

Flowers were blooming well in this cold weather!
IMG_4605

IMG_4606

And here we finally reaches the temple!
It was actually a sunday when we were here and there was a celebration. Somehow we met a taiwanese ah yi who was so welcoming that gives us books, water, sweets, and alot of others..and kept asking us to stay for the vegetarian meal.
IMG_4621

IMG_4626

And here we went into the danger zone...heard that this place has 2 casualty already both hit by the rocks that fell from the mountain. Frankly the helmet is useless as you can clearly see the impact of the fallen rocks on the floor..
IMG_4659

IMG_4663

They cordon off areas where rocks are bound to fall on, can see all the dent on the floor. The guide told us to keep moving, and don't stop at one area. All the time, we just stay near to the rock..
IMG_4665

Can see i am all ready for the falling rocks!
IMG_4667

This Vincent very daring...even with the sign there, he still go ahead!
IMG_4670

This is what Taroko is famous for!
IMG_4691

not sure for what reasons, we are not allowed to cross this bridge!
IMG_4699

I wanted to show more pics but unfortunately, my flickr can't upload any pictures due to some network problem and i am so tired after this morning session!

Oh yah...i went for my first Paid Photography assignment!! I am so exhausted and i am sure, this will be my last! haha

No comments: