Saturday, January 31, 2009

Recession....Pay Cut....Retrenchment....No Bonus

I can’t believe that just a couple of months back, I was discussing with my friends that this economy crisis isn’t going to hit us, the average “white collar”, that badly.
Guess what? I think things are only beginning to happen.

Everyday, other than clubsnap forum which I was browsing thru the great deals of 2nd hand cameras, every single news website is talking about job loss, retrenchment.
Even after measures announced in US or even the 2009 Singapore budget, nothing seems to bring the market up with more optimistic news.

Just yesterday, Lala was telling me that she might get laid off this coming week. I wasn’t spared either in my “secured” job environment. I heard PSD is releasing a circular on pay adjustment soon and this round, adjust downwards. I think in moments like this, there are no secured jobs and only till we see the end to this crisis, we can then assume that at least good things “might” come our way.

Meanwhile, let us tighten our belts and cross our fingers. Be grateful that we still have a job.

No comments: