Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mount Faber...Henderson Wave's Live Journal

Firstly, yes, indeed I finally changed my blog’s display.
Complains from others that black with white wordings seems a little hurting for the eyes, I decided to go light on colours.

The theme picture was taken by me.

Pre arranged with Lainey for a photography session after we bought our cameras a week ago and we finally met up at Harbourfront for our first outdoor shooting.
It was both our first trip to Mount Faber. Filled with anticipation and enthusiasm, we climbed up Mount Faber to do some scenic shots on a Saturday morning.

The weather was unexpectedly warm that day and unlike what my sis told me, the journey seems to take more time than I expected.
We didn’t make it to Alexandra Arch and Hort park as well as kent ridge which was initially in our plan.
I had the honour to play around with Canon 1000D and to be frank; a DSLR really seems to be much better in terms of image quality.
Where a DSLR could do with or without photo editing the picture to achieve a certain effect, a compact might greatly require photo editing to achieve the effect. Out of about 50 shots, only a few seems to be taken well enough to display.

Anyway, here are some of my humble shots…

















The only shot that i had an edge over her DSLR, macro, that's because she doesn't have the macro lens.

Pretty cooperative, no one in sight.

Mixture of colors in this shot




The blue blue sky...Very nice contrast


The "Professional" photographer adjusting her camera for shots
Funny faces. Totally exhausted!

No comments: