Thursday, January 22, 2009

Camera in the old days

My dad used to be extremely passionate with photography. Participated in numerous competitions and won some award as well.
His forte was macro shots of bees and butterflies.

This was my first camera.
It was also the first camera my dad had. Back in my childhood days, especially after the evolution of camera where dummy camera, point and shoot became widely popular, this camera was a joke to many others.



The only usage of battery on this camera was to get the date printed on the pics when snapping. Basically, it was a fully automated camera. The brand Rolei, was unheard of. According to my dad, it was a local brand and the company closed down many years ago when I was just 7 years old then.




This camera was my dad companion that followed thru him to battle some macro shots of butterfly etc. However, its beyong repaired before even handing over to me...



Although these cameras aren’t going to be used anymore and some even spoiled, I still treasure them. There are memories in them of my dad and I hope it will carry through the generations!

No comments: