Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blessing in disguise

A few months back, way before Singapore was hit by recession; I was considering very much to seek out better opportunities in the commercial world…
Unsure if I was lucky or unlucky, nothing interesting came by and so I am still here.
I am grateful that I am still around although at times I am rather confused about job titles as well as remunerations.
Although, I didn’t acquire those tangible benefits, I did receive much more intangibles that sufficiently compensated for those lost. Appreciations and experience is one of them. Right now, the future seems promising as at now but normally huge changes does come with a price. At least I know, I am still holding a 51% chance that I will still be as popular as ever! haha

Passing on the above, I attended Alvin’s wedding yesterday at Marina Mandarin. As recently I am exposed to my sis’s wedding, in comparison, I had lots of displeasure about the dinner. Firstly, the crowd were basically in their own world. Disrespectful of the host, only 20% of the guests were responsive towards the MC. The most embarrassed part was the 3 cheers of “Yam Seng” where a total table of 40 guests, none responded. And the claps were short and inconstant as the bride and groom marched in.
Better service was expected from such a high class ballroom but the focus was not on serving but to finish the dinner asap. We got waitress coming to the table asking if they can clear the dished so promptly that at times, it was obvious that we were still looking forward to a 2nd serving. In traditional course, Eefu noodles were served as the last dish and normally by then, the guest would be filling. The whole table was still scraping for a 2nd serving shows that we are still hungry finishing at the 8th dish.

The best part was the table was those with 4 corners and you can see 4 people at the desk very carefully not banging their legs and cause a tremble to the desk.

Nonetheless, I would love to congrats Alvin and wish him a blissful marriage!

No comments: