Thursday, September 13, 2012

My 1st Duty Travel to East Malaysia

It was a rather short trip but filled with busy schedules. We were invited by United Airlines to their sales conference at East Malaysia and we attended 2 conference within 2 days. The first place that we went was at Kota Kinabalu.

I didnt really have a chance to cover the place but just the area beside the hotel seems rather interesting. We had our lunch in a Japanese restaurant inside the hotel...
IMG_4550

There is a market that looks like Chatuchak in Bangkok but it was a little far to reach from the airport. I spend most of my time at the jetty area behind the hotel.

IMG_4598

IMG_4658

 I felt as thou i was back to Gurney beach...

KK is rather nice with sea and mountain in view at most places. There are some old cultural rich kelong style of kampong that we saw along our way to the airport. Its definitely quite interesting to venture even if you are not planning any hiking or trekking activities.

We flew off at 7pm to Kuching that night so that we can catch the next morning conference at 9am...
Unfortunately, I didnt really have time to check out anywhere in Kuching...but from what i see along the way to the airport, it felt like Penang George town. The cultural rich malay village as well as lots of old temples.

The comforting part, the hotel room is nice!
IMG_4684

A picture i took of the Sarawak River behind my Hotel...the only picture that i managed to take in Kuching.
IMG_4688wg

Overall, this trip is quite an exposure to me. I have never thought that Changi would be such a success to the agency and airlines...and i felt proud to be part of this organisation.

No comments: