Monday, November 8, 2010

Tanganyika updates

A few years back, i am already very interested in tanganyika fishes. Problem is, back then i wasnt very good with water parameter and i didnt really read up about PH KH GH etc...

So my first setup of frontosa and brichardi was a disaster...i didnt even know i cant comm them together in a 2ft, given de aggressiveness. Back in the days...CF was still around, and i even gotten a few calvus which commited suicide by jumping out of the tank due to my poor PH control..and i didnt realise what is wrong.

Then last year, i saw Ectan mealegries pic...and i was so excited especially when he told me that these shellies can be house in smaller tank(which is my constraint) so i started in shellies and asked him for advice on how to achieve the higher PH level that coral chips cant do for me.

N then i started to get more n more shellies...from kenneth etc on multies and buying similis from NKS...

Although my mealegries and golden occellutus didnt work out well...my multies and similis colony was getting bigger n bigger...until i had to buy new tanks just to house these 2 species.

recently i sold off my last 2 pieces of Discus and decide to go full force into tanga...using my last 2ft tank for them

I initially wanted to get fronts, leleupi, compressiceps and julie....and it just seems very ambitious to place them into a 2ft tank. Especially when Yaoyang offered me his free fronts...

But last nite when i went over to Ec place and saw his "gold head" stock and how he managed to com his multies with a breeding pair in his tank and how they co-exist well in the same tank while breeding...make me finally decide on what i should com with.

N v nice of him to release a pair of "Gold Head" for me, and i got his last 2 available mealegries(never enough for them) to com in the same tank...

And another 2 shellies which will not cross w mealegries

So enough of my long introduction, i will slowly post the pictures.

Lamprologus ornatipinnis kigoma
IMG_2080

IMG_2064

Fighting for shells, Mealegries
IMG_2066

IMG_2069

IMG_2133

IMG_2132

IMG_2673

IMG_2079

My compressicep Gold Head
IMG_2669

IMG_2665

IMG_2660

Female
IMG_2148

My Multis tank
IMG_2099

IMG_2100

IMG_2102

My Similis tank
IMG_2104s

IMG_2124s

No comments: