Saturday, June 5, 2010

Beautiful Orchids

Mum brought 2 pots of orchids home and somehow trigger my little interest in them.
Went through some forums and discover that orchids isnt too difficult to keep and that is if you understand them well enough.

Dendrobiums is the most easily found in the market and supposingly the easiest of the many species. I know by reading this blog entry, it somehow makes me looked old from all these hobbies that i own but its really interesting and it compliment my photography passion as well, i love shooting pictures of flowers.

So here are some of the beautiful bloom of the orchids we have at home.
About to full blossom
IMG_8042

IMG_8065

IMG_8058

Night shoots...full blossom
IMG_8153

Sepia background
IMG_8146

My other dendrobiums
IMG_8114

My mini dendrobiums gotten from Geylang east.
IMG_8010

The buds
IMG_8026

Testing my macro lens, 55mm f2.8 ais, as well..
IMG_8015

Full Blossom
IMG_8158b

Going to Wairon farm this afternoon and one of my forum friends sold me a nice bellena...
Unlike dendrobiums, phal are much more classy and the flower produce a nice scent....wait for my next posting!

No comments: