Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Promoted “Finally”?

It calls for a celebration after 3 years when I finally received this “priceless” piece of news that I am promoted finally. The weird thing is, I didn’t really get the “heart-throbbing” moment when the letter was handed over to my hand. In fact, I had the adverse feeling.

In total, this year, creating history, a total of 4 officers received their promotion letters. 2 executive promoted to senior. This has never happen in my division before, something like a give away which didn’t happen last year.
There should be at least 2 of the officer reaching their 2nd year of service and was promoted. Not common, some other division sees officer that joined for less than 2 years getting promoted.

When the boss starts going through the speech about how “deserved” we are over this promotion and already over due for this promotion, it kept ringing in my head “U “Deserved” to get promoted only after 3years.” Was it only me who take it so negatively?
Frankly speaking, if I was promoted last year, it might have really called for a celebration. What is it that only after 3 years and maxing out my scheme to get this letter that calling it deserving when I did put in similar effort for each year I joined. Maybe you would have said that it’s better than nothing or at least you still get it after 3 years. But frankly to me, it serves no purposes.
In contrast, I felt that I wasn’t valued as much as what was told to me. All the praises etc…what the hell.

I think there should be a celebration. Only that it should be those who have gotten the worthy promotion that they surpass the system of queuing and received this surprising moment. It would have been more meaningful to them which act as an encouragement and motivation for them. Congrats!

No comments: