Friday, May 16, 2008

2 year Anniversary!!!

Woooh..time flies..yesterday was my 2nd year in CAAS....

Ermm well there is nothing to celebrate cos these 2 years, except for a few hundreds extra, there arent any much progress...

Well it was kind of surprise to meet Hanjie in CAAS and guess what, same age but with his degree, he was actually a manager...is not going to Uni a bad choice for me?
I actually sat down today to think through about what i should look forward to...

The assignment of tasks despite Valerie trying to load me with task that is going to value add to my portfolio seems so little...With lots of other "Chapalang" task occupying most of my time. Haiz...i think i wont be seeing much progress in CAAS as well. The top management arent focusing on advancing the CPSO...despite recent tonnes of turn over....nothing much is done.


Oh well i too discover that sometimes, attitude is a must in office before people start climbing over you....And to think this is teh first time i actually threw my temper on Theresa..."The most terrible aunty that cant accept the slightest change in the procedure....it makes me wonder is the team really my curse in Finance after Sandy left...(i actually strangle her 3 times invisibly within 30 mins)

Its not really about job hopping and bragging, since i have gotten a degree now...but more to what i can learn and how much progress and career advancement is set for me..i do not wish to be like XXXX...32 years old but still a CPSO in CAAS...which marks the end of his advancement...running errands the whole of his life...with tiny exposure....submissive to fresh graduates from university...

Can you believe it, a company called me and ask me to join them and with the checklist, they asked, you do G/L? Nope...You do recons? Nope...You do revenue? Nope....
Ermmm i tot you are in finance for almost 3 years??? Yeah...i am doing more on management reporting...Oh and how define is the management reporting that you handle??? Ermmm just budget variance...and slight financial reporting...reports to management...maybe just part of it...erm or maybe just collating parts of it...ermm..Do you go for management meeting??? Nope....
I am really disgusted by myself actually that i actually decide not to answer anymore of his questions....

I wanted a job that is more challenging and really makes me gear for...yes and a friend actually told me that CAAS actually make her became lazy....well i notice i am too...its too relaxing..the pace isnt suit for my age....i still remember how tough DHL was for me...that i stress on every closing night....the difficult customer that i will meet the next day...the pressuring supervisors..and managers...the office politics...but the sense of achievement was sooo great...

Earning what i really fight for...

Family pressure is tying me down...
Is it time i should move on and look for a better job? Isnt it what my degree is suppose to do for me? Trying out new things and even if it was a flop, thick headed and move on...isnt failure an experience for me and not becos of failure i decide to stay and stay??? It seems like these factors make me look like im 40 with a family of 5 waiting for me to feed....

NOooo...... this shldnt be the way and im determined i will source for a job that expose me greatly!!!! And fully utilise the stepping stones i have gotten!!!!

No comments: