Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Taking a break at Antoneitte

Before I begin my post, I just want to say that this tea session wasn't pre-arranged and it's really pure coincidence that Fionis was on leave too and so we decided to have a spontaneous afternoon tea session at Antoneitte. Hollie was supposed to join us but she ended going somewhere else.

Anyway, this place is new to me and since Fionis suggested a late noon meet-up, I decided to go there early to check out the place. I was kind of surprised when I see how crowded the place was in the afternoon even though it was located at a rather secluded place. So if anyone of you is interested in checking out the place during the weekend, I'll highly recommend that you make an advanced reservation.

I like the cosiness of the place and the whole place was done in a modern Victorian style. Somehow, I feel that it resembles both Artestiq and Cedele, yet has an ambience of its own.

Greeted at the counter with lots of cakes the moment you step in.
IMG_5025

IMG_5067

IMG_5042

IMG_5081

IMG_5087

I ordered their famous earl grey tea and indeed, it was good!
IMG_5036

IMG_5066

A good-looking s95 casing but an ugly s95...hehe
IMG_5027

Ok, instead of trying the usual cakes, I ordered this pastry that looks like bread. It's an interesting change and I thought it was not bad.
On a different note, I had difficulty in pronouncing the french names and since it was also not featured in the menu, I had to walk to the counter and show the waiter what I wanted.
IMG_5064

IMG_5050

IMG_5028

Oh, I was quite impressed with the washroom! I initally thought that being such a small cafe, it could not possibly have a washroom and even if it had one, the washroom should be nothing special. I WAS WRONG! To understand how impressed I was, I even went out of the washroom to my seat to grab my camera before returning to take some pictures! haha
IMG_5072

IMG_5069

I regretted not bringing my wide angle lens on this outing as I couldn't capture the view of the whole place to show you how nice it was. Nonetheless, I hope it is attracive enough to make you visit it. On weekdays, the patrons are usually tai-tais and you can join them if you would like to have a tai-tai session too! :)

No comments: