Sunday, September 25, 2011

Does this happen to you?

It happened one night, when I suddenly had a flash back on my dad. Within minutes, memories of him just appear in my mind..from the happy days spent with him till the day he was diagnosed with cancer and finally passed away.

I realised that I had very little memories of how he struggled through the days where he was bed ridden. I must admit that I didn’t really spend enough time or even lend a little support to my dad during those days.

While I always thought that I had seen thru life and death and was a brave soul who always jokes easily about death, I was quite afraid for that moment.
The fear wasn’t really about me, but the people around me. The feeling of being left alone in this world make me realised that how important it is to cherish everyone around you. I thought that I could live independently in my own world but I was wrong. Finally, I seem to see a lot of things which I chose not to in the past.

I wasn’t sure why all these came to me in the mid of the night for no reasons but to me, it just felt like a reminder from somewhere & someone.

No comments: