Thursday, June 16, 2011

My love for Porter

This is not the first time that i am posting an entry on Porter bags. With every blog entry, it means that i bought one and i must clarify that the earlier entry on saving up was after this decision to purchase this bag..haha so i should be blame for not honouring what i said.

First one!
http://jackson-myphilosophy.blogspot.com/2009/07/shopaholic.html
n i cant the rest....haha

Should i give thanks to Alex or should i blame him for introducing Porter to me?

I remembered the first time i saw him carrying his pouch was during the army days...it was so cool, plus he seems to be the only owner of it.(Porter wasnt so well known in the old days)

He brought me to bugis village to get an imitation and that imitation bag followed me everywhere for at least 2 years. I was further influenced by Derrick who got me all crazy on porter again after he showed me his working Porter bag.
That was my first purchased locally. Then he went to Japan and offered to bring me a Yoshida B version back...which i didnt reject his kind gesture...I gotten one!

When i went Taiwan, it was amazingly cheaper! And i bought 2 from there on the 2nd day in Taiwan and carried it with me through my backpack trip! It was crazy!

Now, XY got me my "Last" Porter haversack from her trip to Taiwan!
Something which i wanted since last year~

IMG_5419

IMG_5418

IMG_5416

Porter is like Leica...its made to last! The workmanship is good! So detail in every aspect.
IMG_5378

IMG_5412

IMG_5370

I personally preferred the Milky series...
IMG_5393

Can you tell which is the Yoshida B version?
IMG_5389

Tis is ENOUGH!
IMG_5405

No comments: