Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Giving to Others is also giving to ourselves

I came across an article today on tinybuddha where the writer share about her thoughts on "Giving to others, is also giving to ourselves".
It inspired me a lot, and my intepretation of giving is intangilble. It can be in a form of lending support or showing concern...be nice to someone without expecting anything...

I share my experience here too. Recently, i was asked to help take pics for a couple...complete stranger to me, where the husband is diagnosed with some critical illness...and the wife would very much keep some memories while he is still healthy...and so i immediately agreed to do it.
Of course as a human, i have to admit that i had my own grumbles too...
But when i received a msg from the wife today that she appreciates the pictures and it meant alot to her...i felt that its worth every single effort that i spend. Something as simple as taking pictures...can be as meaningful as well...and i feel happy about it!

Have you started giving? I guess this Xmas is a good opportunity to start learning to give!

No comments: