Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A long walk

When you start looking back at the past and compare to present, what you really wish to see is progression in all aspect. The least that you would be expecting is standing at where you are after so many years. It’s a nightmare.


2 years back, I was still at the stage of fighting for promotions and a better increment and i realized that it’s so difficult to justify for that position. I was lucky that it happened at the right timing with the right person.

Rightfully, with a promotion, one would be happier, but I realized that 1 year after the promotion, I was struggling. Yes I got the title but I fear that I don’t live up to the role. Have you ever thought before if one day, you cannot assume the role or position that the company is hiring you for? What if you can’t perform to the standard that they are expecting?

Furthermore humans love to compare.

Dad used to tell me that you should always have a skill in yourself that people in a team will need to rely or depend on you. This is also where you will get your recognition.

Blessed, I have always enjoyed good working relationship with my colleagues and although I don’t seem to have those lottery luck, my working life has always been smooth and good. I have great bosses who act as my mentors.

This year has been a really rewarding year for me. Not that I have earned a promotion again but I think I have grown and progress well in my career. I took on a bigger role and managed it within my own capability with little guidance from others.

I feel that my focus has changed and the sense of achievement is slowly coming back to me. Recognition comes with responsibility and capability, that’s something I believed and I think its true. If you are capable, you don’t have to worry much about progression within the organization. You will definitely get what you deserved.

No comments: