Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ukulele

I picked up a new hobby recently.
It all started at Loysel toys with Fionis and CC, and we went up to a shop call ukulele movement at level 4. Mesmerized with the many ukuleles on display, i went on reading a little about it. Like all my hobbies, when i started researching, it normally wont stop until i get one and try it.

So i messaged Phil and asked him for his opinion. He plays guitar well and he recommended me to the shop that he worked part time. I was supposed to go there and understand Ukulele more...but ended up i got my own ukulele.

Maestro was the brand, a Singapore maker of guitars and Ukulele. You may wish to read more about them here.
http://singapore.maestroguitars.com/home/

IMG_2668

IMG_2671

IMG_2681

Okay, i didnt really get started with it. I just cannot pick up from youtube and in fact with my other commitments, i had very little time for it. I regretted abit about buying it...and it was left in a corner for a month before i spotted Charis from my office was also carrying a Ukulele to work. So i asked her if she can give me a tutorial and get me started. She was very kind and offered a coaching session once a week...and so im back with my Ukulele again.

Here's Charis
IMG_2666

Here's her Ukulele. When i hold her Ukulele, i regretted a little not going to Ukulele movement to choose from the lots. Her's definitely feel much more solid compared to mine. The strings are much smoother as well.
IMG_2662

Here's Shawnna my fellow Ukulele trainee(She bought over a soprano ukulele from Charis) whom stressed me every single session with her ability to pick up fast! And i mean really fast~! She managed to start a song by the end of each session while im struggling hard to practice! And she sings very well!
IMG_2665

Our Ukuleles..
IMG_2664

In a way, my family was quite supportive of this hobby and im really trying very hard to make sure i can play a song by next week. So i need more of their support to bear with all the noise and practice in the coming weekend..haha

1 comment:

fionisis said...

haha u can do it! jiayou! lol~